Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blessing Number One


I know I do not have to prioritize my gratitude, but as I pondered my thankfulness for my husband it brought me back to the source. I'm most thankful for the gift of Jesus. My husband is so incredible to me because he gives me Jesus...he is Jesus to me. “Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." I am filled with adoration for my husband as I watch him daily give himself for me. And this stirs in my heart a deep worship and reverence for God who came to earth serving and loving. How does he give himself for me? Is it how hard he works, his quickness to forgive my failings, his relentless propensity to understand me (even if I have to help him a little), his desire to protect and defend me, his persevering service to me, his gentle and unapologetic leadership? It's that in all these things (and more), HE LOVES ME. THIS is my Jesus. THIS is my beautiful friend, my most trusted companion and teacher.

So, I guess that's two gifts. I am abundantly blessed.

No comments: